Tuesday, February 22, 2011

moving on up to the east side

yep, we are moving. It sucks.. I don't want to move so nothing is getting done. I feel like Scarlett O'Hara " I'll think about that tomorrow" But Trey loves me.  He is turning into quite the affectionate little boy. I love it! He worries about my feelings and apparently my health...  It is funny what works with kids to behave. For a couple of years I thought nothing would work with Trey. He didn't stop throwing tantrums for anything. Until one day I told him with all of his fits he was making me sick. I immediately got an "I am sorry mom, I'll be good"  and as long as I keep throwing out the sick factor he behaves really well.  I am praying it doesn't stop working for me.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Where are you moving to? When? I hate moving. We've done it so many times that never want to do it again. Hey, go with what works. "Do you need to go to the hospital?" always works for calming our injury tantrums.

Megz said...

I've cried wolf too many times for it to impact my kids. Nothing will trump a tantrum here.
Think of all the great discarding that will happen with this move! Maybe I should move so I'm forced to go through everything....

LC said...

I like the Scarlet quote. Hard to move if you don't want to...are you changing wards too?

Diana said...

That is a bummer you are moving. If you don't want to... why are you? I thought when we got to be adults, we didn't HAVE to do things we didn't want to do anymore.

Oh, wait, nevermind. Hope your new place is at least as awesome if not more awesome than your current place -- seeing as you don't want to leave.

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness!! I saw that you put my friends link on your web site!! thank you, it almost made me cry! they are amazing family! Thank you thank you thank you!!