Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Ballerina Box

For kindergarten dance this year, I am having one class do a dance where they dance inside of suitcases. Addie liked this idea so she chose to make up her own dance for BYU using a suitcase.
However, she chose to call her piece ballerina Box, because she is a ballerina coming out of a box.
She did a fairly good job choreographing it. I had to stop her a few times and tell her that certain things weren't appropriate like (no kidding) slapping her hiney. I don't know where she gets these things. Maybe from my past life as a pole dancer. ha ha
She was really fun to watch.
So good job Addie. Your mama is proud of you!

7 comments:

cold cocoa said...

I like your new layout and picture! Good for Addie. I have tried to bribe my girls to create their own dance but they won't...they love dancing in front of our neighbors and everyone else so I don't quite get it.

Unknown said...

Good job Addie! Nice action shot you got there with her leap!

Denise H. said...

It is great to see that the Dance Jean runs in the family!

Creative little Addie "The Ballerina Box" what a great name for it. LOL onm slapping the hiney! haha

Megz said...

Are you going to decorate the suitcase to go with the tutu? That would make a great afternoon project. I have a glue gun you can borrow....
Hopefully those judges will recognize Addie's talents and realize that even pole dancers have great moves.

Heather said...

Hiney slapping and pole dancing...she gets that from her mom. Might that be the "hidden" ballerina tutu we were discussing earlier? It's adorable!

Effie said...

I will never forget the "crutches" dance. Genious! Good job mommy for redirecting to more age appropriate moves. It's crazy now a days. I was constantly shocked at what some of the studios were teaching little girls. Yikes! Love the suitcase idea!

Unknown said...

Well for a long time I didn't rally care for them, but Kynley apparently loves them, LOL because I crave them constantly....if I gain 40 pounds with her, you will know why...